Sunday 13 May 2018

Pinks and Peaches Wedding Album


Hello everybody, well I have certainly given myself a job and a half ! As I haven't blogged for a while I decided to give my blog a massive over haul - what a mistake that has been.  I'd forgotten almost everything that I had taught myself so its been like starting from scratch again.  Two days later and I have a blog that I am reasonably happy with.  A few minor adjustments but that can wait for a other day.  

It all started with my camcorder and wanting to take some videos for You tube but that's a story for another day... 

On to my project for today and today I have a 6 x 6 mini album. I have again used papers from Crafters Companion. I have had to say they are so beautiful to work with being 300 gsm weight they are idea for mini albums and boxes. And did I mention that the pad is A3 size!! I can thank Fiona Clayton for my obsession with these papers as I met her recently on my visit to Hochanda she was demonstating and had them on her show.  It was love at first sight, the paper pads not Fiona Clayton, lol. 



I love decorating the front of my albums. This one I have die cut all the flowers, coloured them using distress inks, distress oxides and gilding wax.  The flowers have then been dipped into hot beeswax, dried then I have dusted a coat of mica powder to give them a pearly sheen.  


The photos above are pages 1 & 2. The photo on top I have made using Tonic Bunting dies.  These are just fab for creating flaps they are held down with magnets. Once opened there is another flap which opens up to reveal a larger tag for photos and some journaling. Page 2 i have used a punch to create a decorative boarder which houses another 3 tags that can be used for journaling and extra photos or mementos. 


Page 3 & 4 
Again I have used another of Tonics Bunting dies to create a flap and secured in place with a strong magnet that I have hidden under the paper.  I have cut some of the flowers from the paper to create my embellishments.  Page 4 I have used the new waterfall dies from Tonic. 


Pages 5 & 6
The middle pages and I've decorated them the same wit extra tags, labels and two decorated envelopes.  As the paper is double sided this makes this look stunning.  
Again using Tonic bunting dies to create the flap.  There is also a secret flap on the left side to add journaling and photos. 

The page on the left I have made another envelope this one houses a lovely tag and wording and the page on the right I have made using a older spellbinders border die a circle punch and two brads to create the closure. To finish it off I have attached bakers twine around the brads to keep the pocket closed. 

I will be making a You Tube video in the next few days where I will go into a lot more detail. 
Thanks for sticking with me to the end.  I would love it if you would leave me a comment, follow or subscribe to one of the many forms of social media. 

I have made a You Tube video showcasing this album if you want to take a peek click HERE to follow the link.

Have a great day, see you on the otherside...
sigiture_1
Heres a list of the products I have used:
Tonic Verso Bunting dies 3 different sorts, Tonic Waterfall die - Heart. 
Spellbinders - A2 Scalloped Boarders One 
Heartfelt Creations - Large and Small Sweet Penoy Dies
Cheery Lynn - Tea Roses Dies, Sweet Williams Dies 
Sizzix - 662688 Flower Decorated cut outs
Crafters Companion - Pink and Peaches A3 paper pad 
Distress inks and Dioxides
Prima Resin Frames, Butterflies, metal embellies from stash 
Beeswax, mica powder, Spectrum Spakle pens in clear. Boarder punches 
Stamperia Stamps, Ranger brush lettering stamps

No comments:

Follow, Subscribe and Like