Tuesday 14 June 2011

Its a Pyramid - Challenge 19 Sweet Stamps

Good morning everyone and welcome to Tuesday one more day nearer to the weekend.. lol
We have a new challenge for you this week over on 
and our theme for this week is 
Embossing dry or heat
So dust off those heat guns and polish up those embossing folders and head on over to the challenge blog to join in. 
The prize this week is $20 spending spree in the
If you enter into the challenge using a Sweet stamp image you get your name entered into the draw twice!

Onto my card for this week, I wanted to try something a little different this week and wanted to see how many stamps I could use, so I decided to try my hand at a "Pyramid Card" and boy are they easy to make! 
Click Here to go to my Tutorial Blog.  Sorry there are lots of photo's for this card so bare with me..

I have used dry embossing for this card but you can't see it very well in the photo's I used my crimping machine to create a cardboard effect on the border which I then distressed with vintage photo.  You can just see it poking out of the flowers in the photo below  The flowers I have had for ages and not used very much as they are a bit big and bulky to use on smaller cards but were just right for this card.  

I absolutely adore this stamp from Sweet Stamps they are just so vintage! and look just as good on a CAS (clean and simple) card as they do dressed up to the nines..  This gorgeous Victorian lady is called Umbrella Girl and is available only at Sweet Stamps  

Copic Colours for this stamp 
Girl - R85, 83, 81
Umbrella - Y28, 26, 21 
Background - G82, 21, 40 
Sky -  Distress inks 
Next I used a new die from Cheery Lynne called Butterfly Bundle Dimensional dies I had a bit of a problem getting these to work at first but the wonderful Stacey from Sweet Stamps send me a tip on how to get them to work.  What you have to do is emboss first (with the thin and thick rubber pads and then to cut using c plate and a metal shim (available from Sweet Stamps) The butterflies need to be separated so you can use them individually. Once I followed this they worked like a dream.  So that's my second dry embossing technique.   


Onto the next side of my Pyramid Card and I used another of the vintage stamps this one called "Watering - Can Girl" this is another of my favorites.  If you click on the link you can see another of my cards I made using this stamp in the store and gives you an idea of how versatile these fabulous stamps are!
Copic Colours for this stamp 
Girl - Y28, 26, 21
Watering can - R85, 83, 81 
Flowers - B91 
If you look closely just poking up from the flower is a fimo heart that my daughter made for me just for this card.  Its been painted with acrylics and crackle painted over the top. 

Just a closer view of those wonderful flowers and the sentiment stamp (also from Sweet Stamps) I have stamped the sentiment on all corners of the pyramid using Shades dye ink "Brownie Chocolate Delight" and is a pleasure to use.  

And finally a close up of the Watering Can Girl and the flower soft sprinkles I used.  
Wow that was a mammoth post, sorry if I lost you somewhere up at the top ;0) I had such fun making this card I just wanted to share it with you... 


Crafty Supplies and Links 
Design Paper - Papermania Scrumptious 12 x 12 paper pad
Stamps
 Available only from Sweet Stamps  
Distress Inks 
Magnolia Doohickeys swirl die
Card Candy 
Flowers, lace, flower soft, pearls and pearls on stems from stash 
Copic and Polychromos colouring meduims.

Well what ever you are doing today make it fun! 
Card Challenges I would like to enter 
Digi Design house - Pearls and Lace 
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
Crafty Anne's - Use more than one image
Inspire me Friday Anything goes 


Photobucket

25 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a great design - i must have a go .. it looks so pretty with the fab image and pretty flowers and swirls
Lisa x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the design of this.xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun you are so clever this is just brilliant love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

Hazel said...

Gorgeous - very creative. Saw it on Inspire me Fridays x

Dawnll said...

The colors and details are amazing on this unique design! Love that image sweetie What a great project to share this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Babette said...

Love your card and the stamp is really sweet.
Hugs,
Babette

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

A pyramid card, now that is a new concept! You did such a fabulous job on this! What a wonderful card this is!

Lisa Jane said...

oops - i forgot to say -Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Mary J said...

STUNNING!!! This is soooo beautiful Tamara - I love it!

Mary J said...

Oh, and thx for sharing over at Make It Monday!!

Sandra H said...

Came across your blog viewing
Make it Monday! Gorggeous image beautifully presented............:) Sandra H

~ Kendra ~ said...

Never seen this type of card before....you did such an AMAZING job!! Love all the details!

Ann Whitfield said...

A really fabulous project, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

jonim52 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation. It looks like it took forever to get done, but it is fabulous. I will check out that tutorial.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous and unique design. I love it! "Hugs" Carol

Heidi said...

This is amazing Tamara!
Gorgeous piece of work:)
Have a lovely day.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Bernadet said...

I saw your card on Make it Monday and would come to say hou tis card is gorgeous Tamara.

Steph said...

Oooh, wow, Tamara! I've not seen a card shaped like this before!!! Stunning! x

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow! Just stunning. I have never seen a card shaped like that. Does it fold up to put in an envelope? So pretty!

Kerrie said...

Oh... little bow peek has lost her sheep!... wonderful creation,,,,,

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Kerrie said...

Oh... little bow peek has lost her sheep!... wonderful creation,,,,,

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! One amazing Fabulous card!! Love the colors, flowers, and stamps!!! Absolutely fabulous!!

Definitely will have to try this card technique! TFS

Wanted to extend my apologies for not being by to see your cards the past couple of weeks, blogger wasn't playing nice and I couldn't comment on anything or anyone's blogs!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Wowie Zowie!! What a great card and shape!! Fabulous all the way!

Sonia said...

Wow! Amazing card! thanks for sharing the tutorial. Great Job!
-Sony

Unknown said...

Wow how did I miss this these cards are gorgeous!!!! Wow the design is Fabulous!!!! Excellent work!!!!

Follow, Subscribe and Like