Thursday 19 April 2012

Bag Book - My Way

Hi all and welcome to some more inspiration using Cheery Lynn Dies! I must say this is a fabulous company to work for and I'm so honoured to be able to share my creativeness using these wonderful dies! It has really got me thinking of different ways to showcase different ideas.  So I have come up with a Bag book or my take on one anyway! Instead of using bags I used A3 envelopes that I had given to me and cut them down to fit.
Don't forget that Cheery Lynn's challenge this week is "Birthday". So if you fancy winning a $20 coupon to shop on dies in the Cheery Lynn store hop on over to the blog and join in.  You must use a Cheery Lynn Die on your project to enter. 
Cheery Lynn Dies used to create this project 
Large Roses, Medium RosesMiniature Roses, Mini Flourish One, Cuties 2, Fanciful Flourish (this I have cut down to make it smaller and only used a few of the swirls), Kiwi Oval Frame, Japanese Garden Lace Frame, Classic LG Oval Stackers

I made the cover and covered it, I used a ribbon tied in a bow to help keep the book 
closed.  The Faux hinges were cut from grunge board and distress Inked in Walnut Satin the brads are not brads  but card candi or legless brads that I have coloured with a copic pen to get the dark brown. 
Another of Magnolia's Sweet Crazy Love images this one is called Siblings.  In the photo below I have used the New Magnolia's from the spring stamp club, isn't Tilda so cute with her high heels! For the two lay outs I wanted to keep to roughly the same design and colours.  Everything has had a distressing of walnut satin distress stain.  The doily's have been cut out of the left over pieces of envelope that I had cut off.  I have left the ends open so as I have a pocket to put bits of memorabilia or photo's.   



Close up of the image.  Colours used 
E44, 43, 41, 40
E77, 74, 71, 70
Background shading
E40, YR30, W1, 0, 3
Hair and skin 
E29, 25, 31
E30, 21, 000, 0000

This is the Cutie 2 flower they are easy and fun to make.  Cut out two of the strips stick together then roll to make a flower.  I have bent the petals back slightly and inked with walnut satin. 
Also don't forget that Cheery Lynn has an Inspirational blog with inspiration and tips every day of the week so be sure to visit everyday so as you don't miss so gorgeous projects. 

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow another stunning project as always .
Lisa x

Irene said...

An A+ isn't doing you any justice, wouldn't know a higher mark though so all I can say..... I love it Tamara!!!

Hugs, Irene

Lou said...

Hi! this really is amazing Tamara,gorgeous images and your colours are lovely.So much pretty detail to look at too-love it all.hugs Lou.xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

This is stunning Tamara, just beautiful and thank you for sharing the colours it always helps me.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Laura Bradley said...

This is so lovely! Absolutely gorgeous! Laura x

Mary J said...

Wow, just gorgeous Tamara! All of the detail came together beautifully!

CraftinGranny said...

Totally awesome and so beautifully created. Your coloring and the gorgeous details and embellishments are spectacular. "Hugs" Carol

marion said...

This looks awesome ! Hugs, Marion

Louise said...

Wow absolutely stunning
Hugs louise xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- love the fantastic coloring- love all of the wonderful dies- the flowers and flourishes are especially pretty!

Lisa Cornwall said...

Tamara, this is just gorgeous. Love it. Hugs and get well wishes. lisa xx

Melanie Smith said...

I love the siblings one...so precious and wonderfully embellished!

Follow, Subscribe and Like