Saturday 28 January 2012

Sweet Tilda Wall Hanging

Hello all, what a week I've had this week! So glad that its the weekend.  My Dad got rushed into hospital on Monday as he was finding it difficult to breath.  We found out that he had a collapsed lung.  They treated him and he finally came home yesterday.  My DH came home yesterday too after working away for 4 weeks.  So good to have him back again, missed him so much.  

Anyway, lets get onto the Challenge over on Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge and this week our theme is.. 
"Ribbons" 
We have two great sponsors this week 
Heather's Hobbie Haven and the prize is $15 to spend
and 
Whimsy Stamps you get to chose 5 digital stamps of your choice 
 

I wanted to do something a little different for my project this week and decided to have a go at making a wall hanging. First time for everything, I really enjoyed making this and is going to good so good in my new craft room (once its finished)lol. 
All the images are from the new collection from Magnolia called "Sweet Crazy Love".  I'm so loving this collection. I hope the other collections this year are just as fabbie!!

Copic Colours for above Tilda 
Skin & Hair
E0000, 000, 00, 30. R20 - E29, 25, 31
Clothes - E43, 41, 40
Flower - R22. 21, 20 - BG18, 15, 13
Copic Colours for the first picture
E44, 43, 41,40 - BG18, 15, 13, 11
Same skin and hair colours as above

I love this heart die that I got the other day its called "Heart to Heart Doily Die" from Cheery Lyn.  It comes with 5 dies, the dies with the little heart cut outs makes two hearts (one whole heart and a bigger heart with the cut outs).  This one comes from Sweet Stamps.  

I started with the bottom plate and those little brown flowers were made using an old brown paper bag and a muti flower punch.  The centres are just a gold pearly pen and the edges have been inked with walnut satin distress inks. I made a little scroll that I attached a little key charm to using bakers twine.  

Same copic colours for the Tilda's above
Crafty Supplies
Stamps 
Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love Collection
LOTV 
Smile sentiment I think is from Doodlebug 
Dies 
Magnolia Doohickeys - Flag and Cloud
Cheery Lyn - Heart to Heart Doily Dies - Sweet Stamps 
Design Papers - Prima Alla
Wild Orchid flowers
Seem Binding - The Ribbon Reel
Chocolate webbing ribbon - Craft Den 
Martha Stewart fern punch
Muti flower punch 
Butterfly, Charm, Bakers Twine from stash 

Challenges I would like to enter
Allsorts - One or more hearts 
Inspire me Fridays - Link Party  
Just magnolia - Sketch 
totally paper crafts - Pearls and lace
my mums craft shop - Flowers
simon says stamps challenge - Anything Goes
Photobucket

31 comments:

Claire said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tamara, love the colours and this makes such a gorgeous keepsake too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

craftysals creative corner said...

What a brilliant idea and so inspiring, wish my mojo would return so I can get stuck back into my card making again, I seem to have dried up since christmas

Unknown said...

Oh my Tamara I am speechless!!!!! Wow do I love this!!!!! This would look sensational in my guest room !!!!Wow what a spectacular creation!!!!!!I love the design and all the elements!!!!!! Fabulous work again!!!!! Wow!!!!!

Heidi said...

Stunning!
All those gorgeous details:)
Beautiful colours and design.
Have a lovely weekend Tamara, hugs:)

Lisa Jane said...

oh goodness.. hope your Dad is ok.. Love this gorgeous work of art .. so pretty
Lisa x

Lorraine Mcneil said...

OMGosh Tam. This is 'stunning'. Very clever and just too creative for words. Love it xxx

Irene said...

Good to hear that your Dad is okay again and your hubby back home safe after 4 weeks (no wonder you crafted like crazy lol!!). This is soooooo gorgeous, I can hardly stop admiring each section, great job Tamara!!!

Hug, Irene

Linny said...

WOW Stunning creation Tamara. Love everything about this. Linda x

marion said...

This is so amazing gorgeous ! Stunning is the right word I guess !
Hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning Tamara, love the colour combo, so elegant and all those Tilda images are really so cute xxx

Vicky said...

Wonderful hun...beautiful colouring and great layout too...

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Nina said...

Hope your Dad is doing fine now!
Love your creations - beautiful colors
:-) Nina

mags said...

Stunning work Tamara. Love all the images, colours and embellishements. Will look great in your craft room. Glad hubby got home okay and sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he gets on ok.
Mags
x

catherine said...

This is such a stunning project Tamara. All the extra details you have added are gorgeous. Sorry to hear your week has not gone very well. Hope your dad is ok.
x catherine

brenda said...

What a super card Tamara and so beautifully coloured.

Thanks so much for joining us our Hearts theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

B x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant what an adorable wall hanging, I love the colours you have used and the Tildas are all so cute. Thanks for playing along on our Blooming Marvelous Challenge this week on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

Heather said...

A fantastic wall hanning, Tilda are the colours are stunningly beautifully. You have so many awsomw details,

Thanks so much for joining us the Simon Stays Stamps challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful project! I love all the details.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Babette said...

What a great idea and it is so beautiful.
Hugs,
Babette

mamapez5 said...

You have put so much work into this. It is beautiful. I'd love to have this hanging in my work-room. It would inspire me to try lots of different things. Kate x

Joey said...

Tamara this is stunning, such beautiful detail and gorgeous colourwork, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts. Joey x

JustYolie said...

FABULOUS wall hanging!! I love it! Stopping by to invite you to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

(I also have a giveaway on my blog)

Louise said...

Beautiful wall hanging and love the colours you have done it in
Hugs louise xx

Doreen said...

Wow this is one fabulous project,love all the images you have used.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oops - forgot to say
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this for my Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

emma mitchell said...

Hi Tamara
I have been getting your messages and I have been emailing you back, I don't want you to think that I'm not, so I thought I get in contact this way
many thanks
Emma xx

Lou said...

Hi!Oh this really is gorgeous Tamara,so much lovely detail to study and really creative.
Love the colours together and the papers too-all very pretty.
hugs Lou.xx

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful Tamara thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Tasha said...

Wow! That's adorable!

Curly said...

Hello Tamara wow this is stunning I just love the soft colour palette, and your colouring is perfect,
Have a lovely week
Hugs Brdget :0)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic project love the heart that has lots of tiny hearts cut out of it..

Thanks for playing in our one or more hearts challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Follow, Subscribe and Like