Saturday 10 December 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me - All Creatures Great and Small...

Hello everyone and welcome to Saturday.  With only two Saturdays left before Christmas and feeling rather pleased with myself that I haven't got to do any more shopping for presents.  I'm going to have a day of watching Christmas movies  whilst wrapping up the presents.  Just Love this time of year.. 
Its the start of a new challenge over on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and the theme is 
"All Creatures Great and Small Including Aliens"
I again have made a Side stepper card this time its for my Daughters Christmas card as she loves her animals. 
Poor Edwin does get left out a lot of my card making but I couldn't resit inking this little fella up for this card.  He is from the Autumn stamp kit from Magnolia and couldn't wait to get a bit of colour in his cute little cheeks.. lol 

Craft list
Papermania papers, Magnolia Stamps, Molly Bloom stamps, Whimsy Sentiment stamps, Lilly of the Valley circle sentiment stamps, Wild Orchid Flowers, Magnolia Doohickey dies - Tree and Hearts border, Copics, Martha Stewart hearts border punch, crimper distress inks, puffy pen, Glamour dust, Copics, Ribbon and rusty bell.  

The main image is an older stamp from Magnolia but I just love this image as I so reminds me of my daughter when she was younger.  (Gone are the days when she would let me plat her hair and put ribbons in) The circle sentiment is one of the new ones from LOTV I think they are called "sentiments for her" and are rather handy as they are many different sentiments that can be used for different occasions and for different ladies in your lives. 

Here's a close up of Edwin, Don't you just love his hat! The sweetie house in the background is from the 2011 collection from Molly Bloom.  I used a puffy pen on the trees to give the image a bit more depth and added glimmer dust whilst it was wet to add a bit of Christmas sparkle. The white tree is a Doohickey die cut which I have painted with picket fence crackle paint. 

I used white acrylic paint on the grass to create the effect of snow on the grass and then went and covered it up.. lol The snail was given some metal antennae and coloured the colour of Rudolph's nose. The little Robins are also a stamp from Molly Bloom that I have attached to some acetate so they look like they are flying. The postage sentiment is from Whimsy and I used the matching die to cut it out.  


We are sponsor this week by The Stamp Boutique
Head on over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge blog to find out more..

Hope you like it and remember I still have some blog candy to give away 
I would also like to enter into these Challenges 

Photobucket

19 comments:

mags said...

Super card Tamara. Love everything about it, from the images, to the layout and all the fab details.
Sure your daughter will love it too.
Mags
x

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Tamara, this is stunning love all the detail
Hugs Kate xx

marion said...

Wat a fab scene !! You've made a lovely card. Hugs, Marion

Irene said...

It's a BEAUTY Tamara and the colouring is fabulous (I just did the same Tilda yesterday no way near as good as yours sob sob) and I so recognize the story about your little girl and her hair. Same here and Sylvia always tells me "that was before I had a mind of my own" LOL!!!

Hug, Irene

ednamburgess said...

So very cute. I love the Magnolias stamps. Edna

Ellen said...

Beautiful card! There is so much to see and discover, it's just lovely.

groetjes, Ellen

Cinzia C. said...

Wonderful work! Love the design and all the perfect details!
You've got another follower!!
Hugs
Cinzia

riliska said...

That is such a cute card! I love this! Fabulous job!!!

Sharon said...

Oh ww Tamara, this is why I just love your creations. They are a real feast for the eye. Just love how you create these beautiful scenes, they are perfect! Beautiful colouring and everything. hugs Sharon x

sweetpea said...

This is beautiful and such a lot of hard work. fantastic Jan :)x

Louise said...

Hi Tamara and wow another fab card
Hugs Louise xx

Curly said...

Wow lady this must have taken you hours But its so worth it it really is breathtaking,
Have a lovely week,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Linny said...

Amazing Tamara. Always something interesting and different to look at from you.Linda x

Lisa Minckler said...

I am in complete awe of your talent. Unbelievable crafts'woman'ship on this incredible scenic card. I could literally look at it for hours. GORGEOUS...gosh!
Thank you for the amazing inspiration this morning.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Mary J said...

Oh Tamara, really gorgeous!

franzesjoi said...

woow love this beautiful card!!!

CraftinGranny said...

This is one gorgeous and intricate card with all the little extras. The details are awesome and the scene is amazing. Love everything about it. Have a wonderful Christmas and Very Happy New Year. Will be back to blogging and playing in challenges again in January. Only thing that helps me keep my sanity and I so miss it. "Hugs"

Heidi said...

It's stunning!
Gorgeous card tamara:) All those beautiful details.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Hugs, Heidi:)

catherine said...

this card is stunning. I have become your newest follower.
Merry christmas x catherine

Follow, Subscribe and Like