Tuesday 6 September 2011

Lets go Shabby Chic with Tilda

Morning all, well its my first day back to work today, the first is always the hardest..lol 
Today is also a new challenge over on 
and the theme is a really good one 
Vintage / Shabby Chic 
We also have our new design team's first outing so pop on over to the challenge blog to see all their gorgeous creations..

Here's my DT card for the challenge, sorry but I have a photo over load on this card I love it so much.. :3

I have used again my dies from Go Kreate these are the XXL scallop circle dies.  I used the biggest die on this card and worked my way down to the smaller ones.  

Here you can see the muslin and netting I used to make the bow then added a big pearl brad in the centre to finish it off.  Just behind you can just make out the grapevine heart that I recently found in one of those pound stores.  The pearls on the twisted string I found in my Christmas tree box and knew it would be perfect for this card.  Talking of Christmas I love going into all the stores and finding different bits that I can use for my cards. 
The flowers I have given a light spreading of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic paints to given them a slightly worn look.  I have also done this on the bird cage which is behind the sentiment.  
This metal embellishment I used gold paint then painted over with a cream colour I was going for a more crackled look but got to impatient waiting for it to work its magic but I'm still happy with the result. I have on order from the Craft Den some of that Viva Decor inka gold which has been on a well know craft challenge and is suppose to be brilliant.  You can buy it from the Craft Den along with many different colour ways, paints and effects.  
Here's a better view of those grapevine hearts I was talking about earlier and the organza rose that came on a 1 meter length so you will be seeing a lot of these on my cards and projects.  
The Design papers are from a new paper pad from My Minds eye from the lost and found collection available from the Craft Den. 
Sorry about the over load of pictures there is just so much to show. Behind Tilda I used one of the Doily dies from Cheery Lynn, I think this one is the French Flair doily. 
For the background I used some white lace and Scrim 
Tilda has been coloured with Copic's 
Colours are:
E35, 34, 33, 31, 30 - Dress, hat and boots 
R29, 27, 24, 22- Hat band
E000, 00, 11, 21, 30, R20 - Skin
E27, 25, 31 - Hair 

The last and final photo is of the inside of the easel card and a closer look at that organza flower that I have used German Glass Glitter to add a little sparkle.

Crafty supplies and Links 
Design Papers - My Minds Eye Lost and found collection
Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch 
Magnolia Tilda 
Copics 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint 
Grapevine hearts, organza flowers, pearls and German Glass Glitter from stash 

Challenges I would like to enter
Dutch Magnolia Lovers - Ribbon and Lace 
Kaboodle Doodles - Ric Rac, Ribbon or Lace 
Magnolia link up Monday - Anything goes 
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
 Crafting when we can - Anything goes 
I did it Creations - Girly Girls 
Pile it on - Anything with B (Bird, Brads, Bow's)
Stamptacular Sunday - Skies the limit 
2 Sisters - Friends 
Catch the Bug - Anything goes 
Creations by Gil M - Anything that fly's (Bird)
Sweet Stampin - Anything but Birthday 
Just Magnolia - Anything goes optional circles 
Show and tell - Anything goes 
All that scraps - Stretch your imagination
365 Challenges - Create an unusual 
Lets Ink it up are having a DT call please click on the link if you would like to know more.
Paper take weekly - Anything goes 
Photobucket

46 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning,really love that tilda and your detail is just amazing,hugs cherylxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card with so much attention to detail. Thanks for you interest in our DT Call at LIIU. I couldn't find any mention of LIIU in your post though, I might have just missed it. Hugs Suzanne x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty - so many gorgeous elements . Thanks for joining us at MIM this week
Lisa x

Irene said...

THANKS for showing so many pictures so we can fully enjoy this GORGEOUS EASEL CARD!!!!!! How on earth do you manage to get sooo much on it, how long did it take to make??? Brilliant tip to check out the Christmas-items in the shops (didn't have a clue it already started!) and where do I find "pound shops" Tamara, arae they all over the country?????

Hug, Irene

marion said...

Can it get better than this ? I don't think so...woww...wat a blown-away card you've made ! Love it !!!! Hugs, Marion

Steph said...

Absolutely stunning, Tamara! I think this is one of your best cards ever!! The gorgeous detail is amazing- I love the netting and birdcage especially. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive it!! x

Lorraine Mcneil said...

I LOVE IT, TOO!!! As always your amazing. You never cease to amaze me. Just beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

This is totally gorgeous, so much detail and interesting embellishments. Why cant I ever find these things in the pound shop! Just luck I suppose !!
Hugs Kat xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is a very pretty card with lovely detail.
So glad you joined us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Mary J said...

Tamara, this is so gorgeous! Wow, you've obviously put a lot of thought into this - it was worth it!

Monica said...

It is a gentle and quiet stunner. Such divine colours and soooo many lovely elements to admire. Love the flowers and the image is just so very cute.

Saw your creation on MIM.

xxx Monica

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

OMG this is a beautiful easelcard.
Love the colors and you colored this image so beautiful. And I'm glad you have shown everything on this fabulous creation. And there is a lot to see.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.Hugs Marianne

CraftinGranny said...

Awesome and gorgeous creation Tamara. So many beautiful details and embellies. You can never have to many pictures of such a beautiful creation. I'm sure we still missed some of those amazing details. Your shaped cards are always so unique with fantastic designs. You are truly an inspiration. "Hugs" Carol

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Tamara and so worth all the effort you have put into it.
Thanks for sharing it with the Stampettes at FSC and good luck.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Heidi said...

Stunning!
It's gorgeous:)
Love all the details, and the colours are so beautiful.
Hugs,, Heidi:)

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Tamara, Wowee! what a beautiful card and such wonderful details, you have put such a lot of work into this card and your embellies are delicious! love all your flowers and pearls and Tilda looks so beautiful. Hugs, Teresa x

Annette said...

WOW, absolutely stunning! Your coloring is outstanding and the details are amazing. I can't stop looking, find new exciting decoration the whole time. Thanks for sharing so many photos ;o)
Hugs!

Cazro said...

A beautiful card. So many interesting elements, I understand why you like it yourself it is very charming. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping challenges. Caz.

April said...

Really sweet and wonderfully done! I love all the elements!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Tamara

This is so totally gorgeous all your details are truly wonderful. You don't need to apologise for photo overload - I LOVE looking at photos and lets face it you've put so much into your card that it needed to be shown in all its glory!

I didn't mention on my comment yesterday that I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to my part of the world and that you enjoyed your visit to the Birds in the Barn is a local haunt for me - fabulous shop I agree and the two ladies that run it are indeed very talented and lovely people. Next time you are this way we should arrange to meet up there and have a crafty shop together!

Anyway enough rambling from me but must just say thanks for joining us over at Kaboodles Doodles this week and good luck!

Hugs

Tina

Helen Laurence said...

Oh my Tamara this is stunning. Your cards always blow me away x

nnalorac said...

Oh my, this is one gorgeous card, luv everything about it. Seen it on MIM. Carolxx

Jodie Mackrell said...

amazing card! thank you for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Lou said...

Hi! Oh Wow Tamara,what an amazing post!!
Your card is soooo gorgeous,a real work of art with all that lovely detail-really pretty.
thanks as always for stopping by,
hope today is a bit easier for you.
hugs Lou.xxx

Christa said...

What a very beautiful card for our challenge ! So many lovely details to look at. Thanks for joining us at DML. Love from Holland , Christa.

jessica said...

What a beautiful card!! love the colors and all the flowers!!
TFS and playing along with us over at Craft Your Passion :)

Bettina L. said...

This is absolutely stunning. Loads and loads of gorgeous details. I find new details everytime I look at it. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and good luck. Too bad you didn't enter the Top Tip Tuesday's birthday's bash at the same time though. Hope to see you again next week for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Terry said...

Such lovely details and beautiful coloring! Fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

cockney blonde said...

WOW, love your card. Was having a peek at the DT entries over on LIIU and spotted your card. Love it and good luck, x

An Occasional Genius said...

With so much amazing detail, how you could not post so many photos! This is one of those cards you could keep staring at & keep finding new details you've missed. Love the colours & colouring. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

Laney said...

Gorgeous saw this beautiful card on MIM
hugs
laney

Melissa S. said...

This is just beautiful. there is so much goining on here but it all works together so well. Not too many photos. Thanks so much for shareing with us this week at Bugaboo.

Jodi said...

This is adorable - your attention to detail is fabulous. Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us at Craft Your Passion. Can't wait to see more of your work!
Hugs,
Jodi

Made by Janet said...

Ooohhh.. I love this card!!!

Love the colors, the shape, the stamp.....wel everyting!!

Thanks for joining us at DML !!

Hug Janet

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGoodness! Tamara, this creation is incredible, breathtaking, amazing - WOW! What a cornucopia of unique and lush elements. And your coloring is fabulous, to boot.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments.

Blessings,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

very pretty card tamara. Love the attention to detail,just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Fiona said...

wow this is gorgeous, love all the little embellies you have added.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Lisa Minckler said...

Wow, layer after layer after layer of unbelievable gorgeousness! Fantastic card. :D
Thanks so much for linking up with us at Make It Monday!
Good luck to you...
Lisa xx

Gill McCall said...

simply stunning. thank you for playing along in my challenge this week at CBGM a new one launches tomorrow

Jean Peters said...

Wow, I just saw this on MIM - this is every girl's dream card!!! It is totally awesome - the colouring, the details, I love it!!

Unknown said...

Ooohh.. Love love love love LOVE it!!!! Gorgeous car!! Love the colours, love the image, love all about it!!

Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you in this week Sketch Challenge!

Hugs Tine

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card.. Love the mix of everything.. Such wonderful details :)

Laila said...

Aww, this is sooo pretty :o)There's so many cute and pretty details. Love it to bits.
Hugs Laila

check out my small candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Crafting Misfit said...

Great card, I love all the special touches!

Thanks for linking up on Show and Tell this week!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Stop by my blog anytime!

Pam Sparks said...

sweet and so very shabby chic! love this Tilda and your adorable creation! So glad you linked up to the ALL That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Follow, Subscribe and Like