Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Lets go Shabby Chic with Tilda

Morning all, well its my first day back to work today, the first is always the hardest..lol 
Today is also a new challenge over on 
and the theme is a really good one 
Vintage / Shabby Chic 
We also have our new design team's first outing so pop on over to the challenge blog to see all their gorgeous creations..

Here's my DT card for the challenge, sorry but I have a photo over load on this card I love it so much.. :3

I have used again my dies from Go Kreate these are the XXL scallop circle dies.  I used the biggest die on this card and worked my way down to the smaller ones.  

Here you can see the muslin and netting I used to make the bow then added a big pearl brad in the centre to finish it off.  Just behind you can just make out the grapevine heart that I recently found in one of those pound stores.  The pearls on the twisted string I found in my Christmas tree box and knew it would be perfect for this card.  Talking of Christmas I love going into all the stores and finding different bits that I can use for my cards. 
The flowers I have given a light spreading of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic paints to given them a slightly worn look.  I have also done this on the bird cage which is behind the sentiment.  
This metal embellishment I used gold paint then painted over with a cream colour I was going for a more crackled look but got to impatient waiting for it to work its magic but I'm still happy with the result. I have on order from the Craft Den some of that Viva Decor inka gold which has been on a well know craft challenge and is suppose to be brilliant.  You can buy it from the Craft Den along with many different colour ways, paints and effects.  
Here's a better view of those grapevine hearts I was talking about earlier and the organza rose that came on a 1 meter length so you will be seeing a lot of these on my cards and projects.  
The Design papers are from a new paper pad from My Minds eye from the lost and found collection available from the Craft Den. 
Sorry about the over load of pictures there is just so much to show. Behind Tilda I used one of the Doily dies from Cheery Lynn, I think this one is the French Flair doily. 
For the background I used some white lace and Scrim 
Tilda has been coloured with Copic's 
Colours are:
E35, 34, 33, 31, 30 - Dress, hat and boots 
R29, 27, 24, 22- Hat band
E000, 00, 11, 21, 30, R20 - Skin
E27, 25, 31 - Hair 

The last and final photo is of the inside of the easel card and a closer look at that organza flower that I have used German Glass Glitter to add a little sparkle.

Crafty supplies and Links 
Design Papers - My Minds Eye Lost and found collection
Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch 
Magnolia Tilda 
Copics 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint 
Grapevine hearts, organza flowers, pearls and German Glass Glitter from stash 

Challenges I would like to enter
Dutch Magnolia Lovers - Ribbon and Lace 
Kaboodle Doodles - Ric Rac, Ribbon or Lace 
Magnolia link up Monday - Anything goes 
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
 Crafting when we can - Anything goes 
I did it Creations - Girly Girls 
Pile it on - Anything with B (Bird, Brads, Bow's)
Stamptacular Sunday - Skies the limit 
2 Sisters - Friends 
Catch the Bug - Anything goes 
Creations by Gil M - Anything that fly's (Bird)
Sweet Stampin - Anything but Birthday 
Just Magnolia - Anything goes optional circles 
Show and tell - Anything goes 
All that scraps - Stretch your imagination
365 Challenges - Create an unusual 
Lets Ink it up are having a DT call please click on the link if you would like to know more.
Paper take weekly - Anything goes 
Photobucket
Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin