Tuesday 29 November 2011

Cutting Corners - Challenge over on Anything Goes

Hello one and all, winter is finally here! So out come the winter woollies and boots the count down to Christmas has finally began.  
Over on Anything goes Challenge blog we have a new challenge today and the theme is " Cutting Corners" so corners that have be altered.  
A lady at work asked if I would make her a card for her Mum for her sister for her 60th Wedding Anniversary.  This is what I came up with.  I was told that they are really into gardening and what better stamp (apart from flowers) than The Potting Shed from LOTV.  These mice are just soooo darn cute!! I cut the numbers from my trusty George and Shapes cartridge for the Circut and distressed the edges in walnut satin.   

The Design papers are from Prima I think from the Romantic range mine came from the Craft Den.  I love the little circle sentiment from Whimsy, I thought it was just perfect for this card.  My decorated corners were made using the same MS punch and distress inked the edges.


Here's a close up of the stamp, sorry I can't remember the colours I used.  I really should write them down as I use them. 

This is the inside of the easel card and I have used a Magnolia Doohickey label which can be pulled out to write a personal message.  I crimped border has been made by using a Martha Stewart punch (hearts) distressing with Antique Linen and walnut satin ink. Then run through the crimping machine. 

I also made the card box and decorated that too!
Crafty Supplies 
Stamps 
LOTV, Whimsy and stitching border stamp (not sure who made them)
Dies 
Cheery Lynn - Flourish die
Marianne Designs - Rolled flower die
Spellbinder - label die 
Martha Stewart hearts border punch, Butterfly punch and double hearts PATP 
Embossing folder - Script 
Design Paper
Prima
Flowers - WOC
Crushed Satin Ribbon - The ribbon reel
Seam Binding, Twinkle dust, Scrim and, lace from stash
Distressing inks - Antique linen and Walnut Satin 
Many of the items can be purchased at the Craft Den

Challenges I would like to enter
http://blog.icopic.com/ - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
Paper play time - Say it with sentiments 
Stamp with Fun - Stitching real or faux
The Ribbon Reel - Anything goes 
Lilly of the Valley - Anything Goes 

Photobucket

29 comments:

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous as usual Tamara, I love the details, I have just bought this stamp and can't wait to use it, Gaynor :)

Doreen said...

A stunning card and box Tamara,I love the soft colours and all your layers.xxx

Heidi said...

Stunning!
Beautiful work Tamara:)
Love the colours and details.
Have a lovely day, hugs:)

Gaynor Greaves said...

Happy Birthday :)

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just stunning all the elements and detail is just fantastic hun,happy birthday too sweetie hugs cherylxx

Steph said...

Ooooh, Tamara!! I'm loving your new look Christmasy blog, it's absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gorgeous card as ever, just too cute!!! x

Hanneke said...

Wow, such a sweet card! That stamp is adorable and your coloring looks great. Love those butterflies you added. Hugs, Hanneke

Crafty Loops said...

Wow this card is just amazing and I love the box. Lee x

Irene said...

I hope the couple will also make it 61 years but I doubt if they will survive the pleasant shock when they see this GORGEOUS box and card....you are a miracle!!!!!!

Hug, Irene

Val said...

Fabulous card and box Tamara. Amazing detail.
Hugs
Valxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty and what a fabulous image ..i can think of many uses for it
Lisa x

mags said...

Georgeous card and box Tamara. That image stamp is lovely and beautiful colouring. Love the layout and all the embellishments you have used.
Mags
x

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful, love this image, and all your little detai
S. thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

marion said...

Ow how cute can you get ??? Stunning and such sweet and lovely card. Hugs, Marion

Louise said...

Absolutely stunning
Hugs Louise xx

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning Tamara, love the vintage look and the image is so sweet, love it xxx

Marjorie said...

OMW...This is just stunning..love everything about it..I just love the stamp, and it's so suited to your card...stunning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Michelle J M said...

This is so lovely, the detail is amazing, there is so much to see, love it! Michelle x

Becky said...

Gorgeous, I love the detail.
I am so glad I came across your blog..ur work is stunning.

I am now a follower.

Becky x

Mary J said...

Fabulous Tamara, this is so stunning honey! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

CraftinGranny said...

Oh how I love this card. They will cherish this for sure... As always your cards are amazing, beautiful, and so elegant. Finally found a little time to get around and leave comments but no time in craft room yet. Soon I hope.. "Hugs"

Lorraine said...

Oh my! This is fabulous. Great colours and details. I saw the little thumbnail on Make it Monday but had to have a proper look at this one.

Elise said...

Wow Tamara! This is truly gorgeous!! Love this image and your colouring is wonderful! All of your details are so stunning!

Hugs,
Elise

papertrails leaver said...

what a gorgeous box and card! I am so completely blown away by all your details! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime for our say it with sentiments! :-) Amy

Debbie said...

Gorgeous work Tamara, so soft and sweet and so many embellishments yet it's not overdone it's just so perfect . and your box well, what can I say about your box,nothing beats a matching box for such a gorgeous card.

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. 60 years...wow god bless them

Karen said...

What a gorgeous card and box hun!
You can certainly see how very much work has gone into these!
A lovely creation.
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A stunning card in gorgeous colours fab, trace x

franzesjoi said...

as usual beautiful!! all details here are perfect!

Helen Berry said...

Oh my! Tamara, this is amazing - so many beautiful details to take in. Wonderful card - inside and out - and that box is so SWEET!!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Follow, Subscribe and Like