Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Cutting Corners - Challenge over on Anything Goes

Hello one and all, winter is finally here! So out come the winter woollies and boots the count down to Christmas has finally began.  
Over on Anything goes Challenge blog we have a new challenge today and the theme is " Cutting Corners" so corners that have be altered.  
A lady at work asked if I would make her a card for her Mum for her sister for her 60th Wedding Anniversary.  This is what I came up with.  I was told that they are really into gardening and what better stamp (apart from flowers) than The Potting Shed from LOTV.  These mice are just soooo darn cute!! I cut the numbers from my trusty George and Shapes cartridge for the Circut and distressed the edges in walnut satin.   

The Design papers are from Prima I think from the Romantic range mine came from the Craft Den.  I love the little circle sentiment from Whimsy, I thought it was just perfect for this card.  My decorated corners were made using the same MS punch and distress inked the edges.


Here's a close up of the stamp, sorry I can't remember the colours I used.  I really should write them down as I use them. 

This is the inside of the easel card and I have used a Magnolia Doohickey label which can be pulled out to write a personal message.  I crimped border has been made by using a Martha Stewart punch (hearts) distressing with Antique Linen and walnut satin ink. Then run through the crimping machine. 

I also made the card box and decorated that too!
Crafty Supplies 
Stamps 
LOTV, Whimsy and stitching border stamp (not sure who made them)
Dies 
Cheery Lynn - Flourish die
Marianne Designs - Rolled flower die
Spellbinder - label die 
Martha Stewart hearts border punch, Butterfly punch and double hearts PATP 
Embossing folder - Script 
Design Paper
Prima
Flowers - WOC
Crushed Satin Ribbon - The ribbon reel
Seam Binding, Twinkle dust, Scrim and, lace from stash
Distressing inks - Antique linen and Walnut Satin 
Many of the items can be purchased at the Craft Den

Challenges I would like to enter
http://blog.icopic.com/ - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
Paper play time - Say it with sentiments 
Stamp with Fun - Stitching real or faux
The Ribbon Reel - Anything goes 
Lilly of the Valley - Anything Goes 

Photobucket
Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin