Friday 3 June 2011

Teddy Bo goes Fishing - Alphabet Challenge E for Easel Cards

Good morning, I can't believe how fast this week has gone! I've had a lovely time this week! Pottering about been out for a few walks with the dogs over the last few days as the weather has been glorious! My daughter and a few friends even christen the pool! 
Over on 
this week our theme is 
E for Easel Cards 
This challenge was right up my alley : 0) as you know how I love easel cards!

Well on to my card for this week 
I chose a Teddy Bo image for a change, I so love these cute and cuddly bears! and they are so much fun to colour..  The card is for my Father in Law's Birthday next week, not that he goes fishing or anything I just fell in love with the image..  lol  

I tried out a new colouring technique, using polychromos pencils and sandor to add some deeper shading.  I'm so pleased with the result I think my daughter may have lost her stash of Poly's.. lol but sshh don't tell her ;0)  I couldn't tell you the colours I used as I was just trying it out and didn't bother to write the shades down, so sorry about that. 

I have used chipboard letters and shapes, distressed them using bundle sage ink and crackle paint over the top.  I get so impatient waiting for these to dry.  I use to put them on top of the radiator to dry in the winter and they took no time as all.  But I have found another way and use the top of my crafting lamp as this can get pretty hot!  so no more waiting for hours!  Around the letter I have knotted some satin ribbon and stamped a sentiment on the accent at the bottom.


Copic Colours 
Bear 
E79, 77, 74, 71
Waist coat
B29, 26, 24, 21
YG 67, 63, 61 (new color) same for the Welly boots 
Basket
Y32, 21, 
Fish 
a mixture of the above colours YG's and Y's 
Grass 
G82, 24, 21, 40, 20 
I used various Polychromos pencils to achieve a deeper shading effect. 

Crafty Supplies 
Teddy Bo Digital Stamp - Teddy Bo gone Fishing 
Chipboard letter and shapes from Stash
Distress ink - Bundle Sage
Rock Candy Crackle paint - Craft Den 
My Minds Eye 6x6 paper stack - Hattie  - Sir Stamp ALot 
Spellbinders labels 
Martha Stewart Border punch 
Copic's and Polychromos pencils
Ribbon and card stock from stash 

I ALSO HAVE SOME  BLOG CANDY TO GIVE A WAY PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Card Challenges I would like to enter 
Teddy Bo ~ Shaped Cards (Hope I can enter with my easel shaped card)
Scrapalicious USA - for a Man 

Photobucket 

11 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is brilliant just love that image and the letters,papers and image are just perfect hugs cheryl xxxx

Jacq said...

Hi Tamara,
Absolutely Gorgeous creation!!!! Love the super cute Teddy Bo image you've used. Love the dp's, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments look fab too. Coloured to absolute perfection as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxxxxx

Crafty Lynz said...

This is brilliant!! Love the effect of Poly's!

Why not come and join Sparkles Forum. A great place with lots of crafty chatter and lots of fun, as well as challenges and swaps. Hope to see you there.
www.sparkles-forum.forumotion.co.uk

hennie said...

Well done Tamara!
What a successful creation.
Yours sincerely, hennie.

Mary J said...

Fantastic card, Tamara! Your colouring is amazing and love the lettering!!

Irene said...

OH WOW, this one is indeed right up your alley to be able to put on a lot of lovely things!!!!!!!!
It's again a beaty Tamara!!!

Hug, Irene

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card as always hunnie..
Glad you are enjoying the sunshine too.

Huggies Angel

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Wow Tamara! What a gorgeous Easel card and Teddy Bo, such wonderful colouring and I love those DAD letters too. Hugs, Teresa x

Lisa said...

Hi Tamara, FAB card! Gorgeous papers and I love this Bo image which you have coloured beautifully with Polychromos.

Lisa x
Teddy Bo DT

Tammy said...

Fantastic - love everything about the card. I adore easel cards. Coloured perfectly too. Thank you for joining us at Teddy Bo. Hugs xx

Bev said...

Brilliant card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo x

Follow, Subscribe and Like