Tuesday 14 June 2011

Here comes Summer - Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Good morning and welcome to all my new and resident followers. Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit me and for commenting on all my projects.  I so look forward to reading all the wonderful messages that you leave.  
So a BIG thank you to you guys!!

I had my very first blog candy that has been running for 2 weeks and now its time for the draw and Random Org has picked......

Drum roll if you please.....

the 
WINNER IS....

NO 10 - IRENE 
Congratulations Hun, please send me an email to claim your prize!
I have so enjoyed offering blog candy I may run other one in the next couple of weeks! so watch out for that. 
.......................................................
Now onto the challenge over on 
and our theme this week is 
"Here comes Summer" so anything to do with summer..

We  had a great time hosting our very first blog hop, we had a few hiccups along the way with Mr blogger not playing nicely! and people couldn't leave comments on various DT member's blogs, but we got there in the end.  
Head on over to the challenge blog to see if you are the winner of the blog hop candy,
 It could be YOU!! 

Onward's and upwards as they say... 
For my card this week I used some new gorgeous papers that I got from Lynne at the Craft Den, "Thanks Lynne for getting them out so fast".  I ordered them on Friday and they arrived the next day! How impressive is that!! 
Fleur from A Passion for Craft blogged about something called Scrim the other day.  It looks a little like cheese cloth.  So it was into DH garage to raid his stash and low and behold there is was like a beacon of light shinning in the darkness  ;0) so I put it to good use on this card. So "Thanks Fleur for the great tip" 
I gathered it at the edge and frayed it a little, it really is marvelous stuff. 


What summer wouldn't be complete without Strawberries! 

The little strawberry on the side my daughter made out of Viva Decor Padro Jewellery clay that I got from the Craft Den ( Lynne has the Pardo clay on offer at the mo)  she is so talented that way and can seem to sculpt anything.  Not like me that ended up with a round fat sausage strawberry, Who said that its easy to make things out of clay? ;0) 


Here's a closer view of that builders Scrim it does look so shabby chic doesn't it.  I also added a few flower soft stems, pearls, hat pins, pegs and a charm.  I beaded the finding and attached the charm to the eye hold on the end (sorry not sure what these findings are called) 


Last photo of the inside of the card 

Crafty Supplies and Links 
Magnolia Stamps
Whimsy Sentiment ticket stamps 
LOTV - Sentiment 

Supplies from the Craft Den and Links 
Martha Stewart punch around the page
Cheery Lynn Doily die
Cheery Lynn XL Scalloped circle dies
Magnolia Doohickeys 
Create Dies - Bunting around the side of Tilda with the phrase "Summer"
Flowers - Wild Orchid
Hat pins, pegs, pearls, charms, beads, Raffia Lace and chipboard from stash. 

Thanks for looking today, have a great day what ever you are doing. I'll be back later with my second post for the day.. 
Card Challenges I would like to enter
Creative stamp friends - Birthday and Blog Hop 
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
My Partner in Crime - Tutti Fruiti
Stamp with Fun - pearls and lace 
Creative Cowgirls - Summertime fun 
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Anything goes 
Paper Sundaes - Girly girl 
Pink gem of a challenge - Flowers and a Charm 
Catch the Bug - Pearls and Lace 
Totally Gorjuss - Flower power 
Photobucket

25 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

congrats to Irene! And thanks for giving us this chance!
What a lovely card!

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous card love the strawberry theme and the fab embellies
lISA X

sue said...

lovely card so cute love all the flowers and the colours are so pretty x sue x

Irene said...

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for this lovely candy Tamara, I am a very happy Dutch scrapping lady!!!!

Hug, Irene

PS: all your last cards are so gorgeous........I am running behind because we were away for a couple of days and just returned yesterday.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Tamara .Beautiful creation with so many textures and lots of detail .Thanks for sharing on make it Monday

SANDRA said...

Loving this card, lots of detail, the little strawberry made with the pardo is sweet. Congratulations to Irene on winning the candy. Love Sandra x

Erum Tasneem said...

oh my word! STUNNING! love all the details.

Rom-a said...

rewelacyjna praca

Claire said...

Such a beautiful card Tamara, gorgeous image and papers and love the punch work detail too. Hugs, Claire x

Crystal said...

Fantastic card, I love all the little details & that little strawberry is adorable!! I may have to try making these :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

stampingmarianne said...

Very beautiful card!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge,
Marianne

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week. a gorgeous card and those embellishments - Wow!

Gina said...

This is just beautiful Tamara!! I so want to live in that world :D Thank you for joining in at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful, so many wonderful details. Thanks for playing at Catch The Bug!

Meg Farris said...

This is beautiful!

Steph said...

So gorgeous, Tamara. The girls really outdid themselves this challenge, didn't they?! I love the little strawberry especially, your daughter is v clever!! x

Paul said...

Thank you for joining in with our Pearls and Lace challenge at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug blog. I know it was a personal challenge for me but an enjoyable one and hope you felt the same. Fingers crossed we see you for the next challenge on Saturday.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Nina said...

Ohlala, what a fab card!! A wonderful coloured Tilda and o my I`m in love in all your beautiful details ♥♥♥

Thanks for sharing with us at Kreative Stempelfreunde :)
Hugs, NIna.

Tammy Miller said...

Wow great card love everything about it!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Catch the Bug!

Mary J said...

Oh Tamara, I LOVE THIS! Look at all of that gorgeous detail!! Love it!

Thx for sharing it at the Make It Monday linky party!

Mary J x

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous Tamara perfect for our challenge at my partner in crafting crime :-) thank you for joining us and good luck :-) Elaine DT xxx p.s I have candy :-)

Poppet said...

Gorgeous card Tamara, I love the shabby chic look and the colours a wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Robin said...

So much really pretty detail!! Thanks for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime!
Robin

Basslady said...

a wonderful and delightful card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Wuzimädi said...

OMG Tamara, what a card! Your details are really stunning, just wonderful... especially I like this little strawberry besides ;)
Thanks so much for sharing this at Creative Stamp Friends and your lovely comment!
Have a nice Sunday,
Hugs Michi

Follow, Subscribe and Like