Tuesday 8 March 2011

Parchment or Vellum, You decide.....Challenge #5

Good morning, and welcome to another challenge from Sweet Stamps
Thank you for all your entries for our Flower challenge I so enjoyed coming to visit your blogs, my what a talented bunch of crafter's you all are.  

Lets get on with our challenge for this week..  Stacey the owner of Sweet Stamps is a fantastic Parchment crafter (see her video tutorial of how Here

If I'm honest it wasn't something that I would have said I would enjoy...  but I so enjoyed doing this challenge and it was easier than I imagined and that was down to using Sweet Stamps,white ink  and a little clear embossing powder, just stamp and go.. lol. None of the fuss of tracing your image out , then going over it in white pen etc etc and I believe you could use just about any stamp.  

On the Sweet stamps blog is a slide show of some of the different stamps you could use and how versatile this art form can be.  
You can decided to use either parchment or vellum the choice is yours, so don't worry if parchment is not your thing you can still enter.

Click on the Sweet stamps image to enter..
weekly blog challenge

Now onto my card.  This is my first attempt at parchment, I wanted to add a touch of colour but didn't feel that confident, but I think it turned out OK leaving it plain...
 I have 3 D the butterfly and stamp and embossed a frame I quite like the effect that it gives through the ribbon.. The sentiment is computer generated then I have used crackle paint over the top then used distressing inks to get that wonderful effect.



Supplies 
Stamps
Dot Butterfly ~ Sweet Stamps
Lacey Frame stamps ~ Sweet Stamps
Sentiments are computer generated 
Parchment paper ~ Sweet Stamps
Crackle paint 
Distressing Inks
Flower punches
Leaf punch
Brads & Ribbon from Stash
Glitter glue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenges I would like to enter
Recipe 
1. Make it Square 2. Inspired by Nature 3. Handmade flower 6. Pearls 9. Distressing
Scrap creations ~ Going green
Craft your Passion ~ Anything Goes
Lawn scaping ~ Use a stamp in an unconventional way
Card Cupid ~ Anything Goes 
Catered Crop ~ Recipe
Embellishments, Circles, Theme, Shapes
Corrosive Challenges ~ Going Green
The Crafty pad ~ Use Ribbon
Lets Ink it Up ~ Embossing
Catch the Bug ~ Anything goes
Little Claire's ~ flowers 
Card Makin Mama's ~ Something green
Fairy Knoll ~ Feeling a little green
Polka Doodles ~ 3 or more flowers



Photobucket

42 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a gorgeous card .. that butterfly is stunning
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

OMG Tamara, Wow hun, this is wonderful, such a striking design and in that colour, so stylish...
I am not a big fan of green but you have converted me, honestly!!!!

Breathtaking hun
x
Vicky

jonim52 said...

Oh wow this butterfly is gorgeous!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Your butterfly is beautiful! I love the green!

Heidi said...

The green look so pretty!
And the butterfly is beautiful:)
Gorgeous card Tamara.
Hugs, Heidi:)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card!! Love the color you used and the added butterfly!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am just crazy over that butterfly! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, yes that was QUITE a challenge for me! You guys have the GIFT I was talking about:)

Dawnll said...

What a beautiful card! Love that butterfly

sue said...

wow-ee so elegant its good to get out the comfort zone sometimes and you have done it with panache well done x sue x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Tamera, this card is beautiful. I love the layering you did with the butterfly. The flowers, ribbon and pearls really bring everything together.

The Dolphin Inn said...

Oh this is so pretty Tamara - I have tried parchment craft myself so know and appreciate how much work goes into each piece, yours is very neat. I like the simplicity of the white work against the green xxx

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Card Tamara. Love the butterfly. It is pretty easy, I too was a bit terrified of trying the parchment, but once I tried it, I love it. It looks harder than it really is. Love all the green in your card.....

Jackie Randolph said...

Tamara, your card is absolutely beautiful!! Gorgeous colors with your ribbon and paper that makes the parchment and butterfly just pop!! Your sentiment is a beauty too and love the effects with the crackled paint and distressed ink. I was leary of this technique myself than found discovered that "I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, great colour choice the butterfly looks fantastic just as it is. Really pops off your card. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, hope to see you again soon. Hugs Suzanne

Holly Young said...

This is gorgeous! I love the butterfly and the shade of green you used! Thanks for playing along in Squigglefly's challenge! I hope you'll play again.

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Linda McClain said...

Wow, wow, wow! Tamara, this is stunning. I'm so glad you joined us at Catered Crop. I haven't tried the parchment techniques, but every time I see them my jaw just drops. Gorgeous!

Dori Shelton said...

Oh!! This is just simply stunning. I adore the colors and all the butterfly is gorgeous!!

Kendra said...

Good job trying something new! It turned out wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!

Min said...

My goodness, this is just lovely!!
Thanks so much for playin along with this week's Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you'll join us again soon!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Very pretty. Gorgeous butterfly. Great card for St. Patricks day too.

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This butterfly is so so gorgeous!! I am in love with how it seems to just pop right off your creation!! Stunning and especially with the greens!! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Squigglefly challenge!!HUGS

Debbie said...

What a stunning card, gorgeous colours and wow your parchemnt butterfly is beautiful - your ribbon and detail finish it off perfectly. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Carol S. said...

Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Little Claire for our Blog Challenge. Carol S. LCDT xx

Shirl said...

Such an elegant looking butterfly on a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Shelley said...

What an amazing card, love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this weeks at Fairy Knoll. Hugs Shelley x

Brenda Brown said...

This is such a beautiful card Tamara. I love the green with the white butterfly, you have created a great effect.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's Ink It Up.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us for our March Anything Goes Challenge, I love how your card turned out just Adorable!!! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Heather said...

What a beautiful card. Great job.

Thanks for joining our challenge over at Card Cupids.

Sharon said...

Your beautiful vellum butterfly sets the focal point for your card. I really like the ribbon frame too!
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up embossing challenge.
Sharon
Celticrafter

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card and the colours are magic!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx
PS: I am having a give away on my blog if you are interested

Tami said...

WOW love that big butterfly Thanks for playing at Gingerloft;)

shulsart said...

Tamara, this is gorgeous, I am so happy you liked this technique, you did a fabulous job.

Colette said...

Pretty card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week, good luck! Colette xx

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Tamara, this is beautiful! I love how you made the butterfly 3D! One of my favorite things about vellum is that you don't have to color it...the white makes it look very elegant!

Kristen said...

Great card for our Going Green challenge this week. Love all your elements! Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

maxine said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at Little Claire designs x

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Gorgeous creation!!!! Thanks for joining Let's Ink It Up's embossing challenge!

Tammy xox

FerrellGraph-x said...

Oooh.I just love the the butterfly. I will have to try that technique sometime.
Kind regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- what a fabulous first attempt! What a gorgeous card! I love the look of the Parchment crafting- bought some supplies to give it a try....I am going to go view the video and if I have the supplies- give it a go!

Follow, Subscribe and Like