Tuesday 31 May 2011

Elementary My Dear Watson! Sweet Stamps Challenge

Good morning and its a very busy day for me today, just thought I would take a break and blog about my card for our challenge over on 
SWEET STAMPS 
and the theme this week is 
Masculine cards
The prize this week is a $20 spending spree in the Sweet Stamps store. 

This is the first time I have used this stamp and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but it just seemed to come together so easily.  I have used some chipboard letters that I have distressed and painted with crackle paint.

This stamp is called "Gentleman Joe" I think he looks so savvy and reminds me a bit of Sherlock Holmes. 
Copic Colours 
E79, 77, 74, 71, 70 


Inside of the card

Crafty supplies 
Stamps from Sweet Stamps
Happy Fathers day made on the computer 
Design paper from My Minds Eye
Ribbon, metal bits from stash 
Chipboard letters, Distressing ink - Walnut satin and crackle paint

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a dapper gent - love the colours and the punched border
Lisa x

jonim52 said...

You did a fabulous job with this guy. Gorgeous card.

Dawnll said...

I love the colors you used on this great image- funny I used it also- but really like yours more...lol
What a fun challenge this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

I love your card. Fabulous how you decorate the inside. Wonderful shading/coloring on the image. The distressing on the letters is wonderful too!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful coloring on Gentleman Joe. Awesome design layout and love the various design elements you used.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Love your manly card! You did a great job on this! I love that image, such a prim and proper guy!!

Follow, Subscribe and Like