Friday 22 April 2011

Mellow Yellow Alphabet Challenge "Y"

Good Morning and a Happy Good Friday to you all!
My Brother in law and family are coming to visit today, haven't seen them in a while and we are all excited to have a chin wag and catch up.  We've hoping the weather stays nice, warm and dry! Should be a lovely day.  

Well as its Friday its time of a new challenge over on 
and the letter this week is... 
"Y" for Yellow.
any card, layout or project just as long as the colour scheme is predominantly yellow..
We also have a new team member 
"Sonia" welcome looking forward to getting to know and working with you.  

 My card this week I decided to do a bit of masking, I don't do this very often because it takes so long to do but  I love the results! 

I love my Magnolia stamps but don't seem to get chance to use them as often as I would like.  They always ink and colour up beautifully.  My daughter helped me with this card and did the colouring of Tilda didn't she do a brilliant job.  I just loved the colours she picked!   I added glitter to Tilda's dress and hat and the hearts on the shutters and a tiny bit of clear glaze to the windows.  

The little birdie is a new die and stamp set from a company called "Prickly Pear" that I got the other day  while mooching around Sir Stampalot. I 3D the wing and added crackle paint to make it shiny.    I will definitely be adding the rest of the dies and stamp sets to my collection in the near future!

These wonderful feathers are attached to wire and are so easy to place, although they are a bit pricey they do look fabulous.  The beads also come on wire but I'm going to have a go at making some myself.   The film strip is from Tim Holtz and comes in the cutest little tin. The sentiment is LOTV, for the yellow circle I used Nellies Multi frames Die's and the gorgeous flowers are from Wild Orchid.  

I would like to welcome all my new followers of my little piece of blogland, so glad they enjoy my blog and I will coming to visit you all soon. 
Have a very Good Friday and remember....
Keeeppp Crafting.... 
Photobucket

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a gorgeous little scene and Tilda looks fabulous in primrose
So sweet
Lisa x

cheryl said...

oh hun,this is just gorgeous,how cute is that wee tilda,love the scene you have created too,hugs cheryl xxx

Mary J said...

Wow, gorgeous Tamara! I love the selection of colours you've used together!

Have a fabulous day my friend!

Alizabethy said...

I just LOVE this card!!

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Tamara,
I think your card is just fab! I love all the details you added and the masking was certainly worth it.
Your daughter did a brilliant job on the colouring. Have a great Easter, Hugs, Teresa xx

Irene said...

You and your daughter are a brilliant team, this card is so LOVELY!!!
Enjoy the long weekend and family, Irene

Claire said...

WOW Tamara what a gorgeous card, a perfect scene card too - I absolutely love it!. Hugs, Claire x

sue said...

love the mellow yellow looks like summer have a good weekend x sue x

Lynne said...

Another gorgeous card Tamara and your daughter has coloured Tilda beautifully. Hope you have had a lovely time with your family. It has been a glorious day here in sunny Sheffield. Happy Easter love and hugs Lynne x

Sonia said...

Hi Tamara
ABSOLUTELY Beautiful Card! Love the image.
Thanks for your welcome message.
Happy Easter!
Greetings from Puerto Rico
Sonia *Sony*
Sonia-Studio60

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card!
Great design and image:) Lovely scene.
Happy Easter Tamara.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Helen said...

Gorgeous - the masking works really well and your daughter did a great job with the colouring too.

Enjoy the weekend.

Helen x

Jacq said...

Hi Tamara,
OH WOW this is just Gorgeous! Your daughter has done an amazing job well done to her. Love the Tilda image, the dp, the colour scheme and layout are just fab. As always perfection with the colouring.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Jacq said...

Oh by the way lol, loving the blogs new look, so very scrumptious!
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

Thanks for follow me!!! I´m following you too....I´ll feature your tutorials next wednesday in my other blog, this one:http://scrapsale.blogspot.com/

thanks and hugs from Brazil

Annika said...

You have done a stunning work on Tilda's hair - beautiful combo and exceptional depth. And the embellishing is just in the league of your own - lovin the flowers and tulle...
btw, happened upon you tutorial blog - GREAT idea!. Just grabbed a cup of coffee and heading there for some inspiration!
Hugs
Annika

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous Tamara - love the colours and all your details.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lesley said...

Fab card Tamara, I love the scene! xx

Helen Laurence said...

wowee Mrs this is stunning, really beautiful. I just love visiting your blog...yep I am on a visiting mission today to see what the Elle team have been up to...I'm not stalking honest!! :0) x

Follow, Subscribe and Like