Friday 25 February 2011

Q for Quotes ~ Alphabet Challenge Blog


Good Morning, I nearly didn't get this post out on time today. Its been a hectic week here and can't believe that our half term has gone so fast! My daughter and  I are planning a girlie night in tonight so its off to the shops today to buy our smelly's.  You know the sort of thing, face packs, hair masks, cucumber for those tired eyes, etc etc lots of lotions and potions,  should be fun!  Love spending time with her she always seems to make me laugh and giggle.

Anyway, lets get on with my post.  Its Friday and that means another challenge over on 


Join us every Friday where we set a new Challenge using the letters of the alphabet with a theme for each one.  You can make any handcrafted item you like as long as it follows the current weeks letter.  Hope you will come along and join in and...... it's just for fun.. 

This week the letter is.........

Q for Quotes and Sayings 

We also have a new Design Team member to welcome to the Team and that's Angel from
 please go and take a look at her blog she has some amazing projects and she has just done a tutorial for a three sided easel card... and you know how much I love easel cards!! I will be trying this one out soon!
Here's my card for the week.... 
I received my eagerly awaited Magnolia stamp club - Spring set in the week and haven't had the chance to ink any of them up until today! I just fell in love with this Tilda the moment I saw her.. (I do love Tilda in boots.. LOL)
I chose my design papers from basic grey, (sorry not sure of the pack name but its quite an old one).  I am trying to use some of the papers I have before I buy any more, but I'm afraid it isn't working! I just have a rather large fetish for gorgeous papers... lol 



Copic Colours
Tilda Dress
BV23, 21
Hat & Boots
RV34, 32
Skin & Hair
E11, 00, E29, 27, 25, 31


Crafty Bits & Bobs!
Design Papers
Basic Grey

Stamps 

Magnolia and Lilly of the Valley

Dies 

Nessie square postage die set, Magnolia doohickeys swirl and
Nellie  Flower multi frame dies from Sweet Stamps

Flower punch
Metal corner embellishments from ebay
Lace, spacers, brads, flowers and pearls from stash.
Copic Markers

Well what ever you are up to today have fun and think the weekend is nearly here, Yippee!! and as always thank you for looking....

Card Challenges I would like to enter this card into 


Photobucket

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning hun.

Gorgeous card, so very pretty, love all the delicate detail..

Awwww thatnks for the welcome an plug on tut hun,
Yep go ahead an add mine to your tutorial blog, thankyou...

Huggies Angel

Lisa Jane said...

awww she looks so cute .. beautiful card

Mary J said...

Hello Tamara! Hope you have had a good week!

This is such a lovely card - the embellishing is perfect!!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, love all your swirls and bling. I didn't know about this challenge so its one for my list. Donna x

sue said...

fabulous tamara and the stamp is GORG, soooo jealous lol x sue x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Tarmara. Fab image beautifully coloured. Love all the little elements there is so much going on here and so much attention to detail.

I think we all have good intentions to use up our paper, until some more equally goregous come out.
What is a girl to do??? it such a dilema lol
Have a great weekend. Hugs Lynne xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card love the colors!!!!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card and the detail is beautiful!

Helen x

Heidi said...

This is so pretty!
Beautiful colours:) Tilda is so cute and your colouring is fantastic.
Have a great weekend Tamara.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Helen Laurence said...

Hi Tamara,
I hope you have a fun evening with your daughter certainly sounds like fun. Gorgeous card & colours. Lovely new Tilda stamp x x

Cheryl said...

This is such a gorgeous card!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Spa day...and with your daughter...it doesn't get much better than that! Special moments and special memories...
Your card is amazing - you are a very talentd colorist!
Thanks for popping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about hectic week hun, I haven't blogged anything at all so far, my eldest started his first week on nights and it's put me all out of sync...
I am not a morning person, I get up early but I can't face food for hours, and this week I have had to cook before 8 each day for him....Talk about stomach churning!!!

Sorry I digress....lol

Your card is beautiful hun, I love the deep red and the flowers and swirls. Tilda is lovely, looks like another one on my wish list...lol

Hope you had a lovely evening with your Daughter pampering yourselves....
x
Vicky

cheryl said...

oh this really is one,gorgoues card,hun the image,colurs and detail are gorgoues,bless you for following me hun,hugs cheryl xxx

Lynne said...

Something for you over on my blog. Lynne x

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Tamara!!
Hugs Kristel

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! She's so gorgeous!! LOVE the colors and flourishes!! WOW!! HUGS

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love the way you have embellished this card xxx

Follow, Subscribe and Like