Saturday 9 October 2010

Christmas in October

Hiya all, hope your enjoying your weekend, we wait all week for it and it goes in a flash! Has anyone yet seen the Christmas adverts on the television? I swear they get earlier and earlier each year.  Which brings me onto the start of my Christmas cards, I started them officially today as the big day is looming nearer and nearer.  I am going to enter this one into the Secret Crafter Challenge, this week its DISTRESSING. 
 CRAFTY BITS & BOBS
The papers are ~  Marianne Design, Eline's Old-Fashioned Christmas
Card stock
Distressing Inks ~ Walnut Stain and Antique Linen 
Suzzix Snowflake thin die. 
Spellbinders Nessie labels 
Lace ribbon from Boyes 

I have dry embossed, glittered, distressed the edges of the snowflakes with inks and used distress crackle paint ~ Rock candy once dried I have gone over with the distressing inks again. For the centre I used card candy from chocolate and marshmallow kit.

Stamps 
The gorgeous Tilda from Magnolia this was from last years collection
The new Whimsy ticket season greetings. 

 Copic Colours 
Dress, Socks and Wrapping Paper
R85, 83, 81
Top, Socks and Gift label
E55, 53, 51
Hair and present
E39, 35, 33, 31
Skin
E11, 21, 51, 00 R21
 I like to decorate the inside of the card too just gives a nice surprise when you open it. For the flowers I used Mairanne Design Creatable's, Glamour dust and a Basic grey brad. The circles are punched out used Woodware pucnhes   
Well I'm off now as I want to get my tea and sit down and watch Strictly come Dancing....
Take care and thanks for looking..
Hugs 
Tamara 
xxxx  

3 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous distressing

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

sue said...

beautiful card, I just love magnolias too x sue x

Lou said...

Hi!Tamara this is so gorgeous,just love how you have made this card-just perfect for Christmas.
Hope you ok?hugs Lou.xx

Follow, Subscribe and Like