Sunday 14 April 2013

Mini Canvas Art

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a nice, pleasant and relaxing weekend.. I have been a busy bee with lots of crafting being done.  A few weeks ago  I attending a workshop at Craft Den Studio where the talented Hels Sheridan was teaching.  As I haven't attended a workshop before and an altered art one at that I thought it would be fun. I have now been bitten by the altered art bug.. : D
I went out and bought a few mini canvases and this is one of the creations that I came up with (you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the matching canvas..

 
I started by making a mask using acetate and the  Honeycomb Frame (you have to run it through your die machine a few times to get all the piece cut.. but as you can see you get a perfect template.  I used it with Ferro paints to create a raised effect.. 
Here is the canvas frame that I painted using Eco paints Clam shell and Aged Gold. just love these paints!

Here is the effect of using ferro paint to create a different effect. 
I then stamped the script text onto a tissue and adhered it using a melt pot and beeswax. I like the crinkled effect if you put a few tiny creases then go over the dried beeswax with a colour wash of paints you used.  I also added perfect pearls to get that shimmer..
The main stamped image I applied clear embossing powder (about 6 layers) then popped it in the freezer for 5 minutes this makes the dried embossing powder crack, but you could use rocky candy crackle paint. 


These flowers are die cut from the Daisy Strip die. What I did was scrunched them up, added a small spray of water, unfolded them (very carefully) popped a brad in then dropped them in the melted beeswax.  Once dry they retain their shape..  



Here's a pic of the side of the canvas with the script stamped and below is a close up of the honeycomb frame used as a mask.. 
Hope you've enjoyed my little bit of Cheery Lynn inspiration today. Don't forget to check out the Challenge blog to enter into our weekly challenges.  A new challenge starts tomorrow (Monday) with the theme 
"Pretty in Purple" the prize this week is a $20 coupon to spend in the Cheery Lynn Store.  We also have our  gorgeous new release dies launch tomorrow too, so don't forget.. 


 photo BlogSigniture20131_edited-5.png


7 comments:

Christine L said...

Hi Tamara... Oooh this is absolutely gorgeous... LOVING all the fabulous details!! And wowww to those flowers... I have that strip die but never thought they could look as good as that! I also have the fringe flower die after seeing a card you'd done with it a couple of weeks back... you're costing me a fortune hon!!

Hugs
Christine x

Lisa Jane said...

beautiful little work of art
Lisa x

Irene said...

Amazing and beautiful Tamara, just LOVE it!!!

xx Irene

Inkypinkycraft said...

Tamara thisis gorgeous,I love those paints too..what a wonderful job you have done it is beautiful! Hugs trace x

sue said...

love the canvas and a great idea with the acetate
it was a great day wasnt it had a great day today too with andy skinner x sue x

Annette said...

Hi Tam! Ohh how I love the last weekend when I finally got to meet you. I had so much fun and really enjoyed our nightly "chit-chat" :)
And wow what a wonderful canvas you made. You really got stuck with your bees wax ;) Beautiful work and can't wait to see the rest.
Take care, hun!
Hugs

catherine said...

This just looks so fantastic Tamara. Looks like you have picked up everything from the workshop so well and look forward to seeing more of this work from you
x catherine

Follow, Subscribe and Like