Sunday, 14 April 2013

Mini Canvas Art

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a nice, pleasant and relaxing weekend.. I have been a busy bee with lots of crafting being done.  A few weeks ago  I attending a workshop at Craft Den Studio where the talented Hels Sheridan was teaching.  As I haven't attended a workshop before and an altered art one at that I thought it would be fun. I have now been bitten by the altered art bug.. : D
I went out and bought a few mini canvases and this is one of the creations that I came up with (you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the matching canvas..

 
I started by making a mask using acetate and the  Honeycomb Frame (you have to run it through your die machine a few times to get all the piece cut.. but as you can see you get a perfect template.  I used it with Ferro paints to create a raised effect.. 
Here is the canvas frame that I painted using Eco paints Clam shell and Aged Gold. just love these paints!

Here is the effect of using ferro paint to create a different effect. 
I then stamped the script text onto a tissue and adhered it using a melt pot and beeswax. I like the crinkled effect if you put a few tiny creases then go over the dried beeswax with a colour wash of paints you used.  I also added perfect pearls to get that shimmer..
The main stamped image I applied clear embossing powder (about 6 layers) then popped it in the freezer for 5 minutes this makes the dried embossing powder crack, but you could use rocky candy crackle paint. 


These flowers are die cut from the Daisy Strip die. What I did was scrunched them up, added a small spray of water, unfolded them (very carefully) popped a brad in then dropped them in the melted beeswax.  Once dry they retain their shape..  



Here's a pic of the side of the canvas with the script stamped and below is a close up of the honeycomb frame used as a mask.. 
Hope you've enjoyed my little bit of Cheery Lynn inspiration today. Don't forget to check out the Challenge blog to enter into our weekly challenges.  A new challenge starts tomorrow (Monday) with the theme 
"Pretty in Purple" the prize this week is a $20 coupon to spend in the Cheery Lynn Store.  We also have our  gorgeous new release dies launch tomorrow too, so don't forget.. 


 photo BlogSigniture20131_edited-5.png


Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin