Friday, 22 July 2011

Lemon & Lime Colour Challenge

Good morning all, well that's it I'm on holiday now whoop whoop!! I have got so many things planned I'm not sure I'm going to fit it all in.. Here's hoping for that big Lotto win!!!
So until then lets carry on... 
We have a new challenge for you all over on 
and this week its 
L for Lemon & Lime 
This was a new challenge for me as I don't think I have ever made a card with those colours before. The first thing it made me think of was Summer and those Lemon and Lime slush puppy drinks that you get at the seaside.. yummy!!

I treated myself to a few new goodies from Summer Crafting show in Doncaster the other week and one of the crafty items was one of the XL Go Kreate Dies..
This is such a lush die and can be used as a square or as I have in the diamond shape.   Doesn't it make a fabbie easel card? 

I went a bit OTT on the flowers but I just love these flowers from Wild Orchid just add glue and glitter and well perfect!

This was a great opportunity to use one of my Hanglar and Stanglar stamps that I brought ages ago and was yet to use. This one is from the beach kit.  I coloured her in Lemon & Lime to fit in with the challenge.  The beach huts are from Molly Blooms summer range, just love these background stamps! 

The metal flowers also came from the Summer Crafting show from a stall called Sliver Orchid Beads.  I have used one of them to attach a charm to.. 

This gorgeous fabric flower came from Wild Orchid and comes on a long strip.  With plenty of flowers to use.  I have added some German glass glitter using glossy accents..  You can just see the little seahorse poking his little snout out from the flowers. 

I used some of that Scrim to back the sentiment to with some lemon glitter paper.  

The Smile sentiment is coloured with copics and then crackled with rock candy from Tim Holtz. 

Close up of the magnolia dragon fly that has also been loaded with German glass glitter and back twice with the lemon glitter paper.

Crafty supplies and Links 
Stamps 
Hanglar &Stanglar beach kit 
Molly Blooms beach huts 
Sentiment stamps doodlebug designs 
Design paper - Melissa Frances Kitschy Kitchen - The Hobby House 
Dies 
Go Kreate - XXL square frames frilly No 7 
Magnolia Doohickeys  - Dragonfly & Swirl  
Flowers - Wild Orchid & Mulberry crafts UK 
German glass glitter, big brad - The Hobby House 
Strawberry charm - The Ribbon Girl 
Metal flowers - Sliver Orchid Beads 
Copic markers 
Tim Holtz rock candy crackle paint 
Scrim from stash 

Enjoy your day 
Card Challenges I would like to enter 
Bloggers Challenge - Summertime fun 
Crafts for Eternity - Shaped Cards 
Fairy Tale Challenge Blog - Sun, Summer, Sunshine
Inspire me Friday - Anything goes 
Paper Cutz - Anything goes 
Stamp Something - Embellishments 
Aud Sentiment Challenge - Something to make you smile
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Sunshine colours
 Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes 
Crafts and Me - Add a flower
Flutter by Wednesday - Must include butterfly, fairy or Angel 
Papercraft Star - Summer Beach
Scrapalicious USA - Summer  
Craft room challenge - Butterflies
Die cut Divas - Shaped die cut card  
Tip Top Tuesday - Shape cards 
My top tip - Use a grey felt pen to line the outside of your cut out image and all those nasty white bits are hidden..
Craft your Passion - Use Text 
Make it Monday - Anything goes 
Photobucket
Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin