Friday 24 June 2011

Copic Blending Book - H for Half dozen Alphabet Challenge

Good morning and at long last its Friday! My DH is going in to have his hernia operation tomorrow, it seems to have taken for ages! He might even be out the same day if all goes well.  

Onto my DT sample this week
I have been a bit creative this week with my project for our challenge over on 
this week the theme is 
"H" for Half dozen.  
Use 6 of something on your card/project.
I decided to make a copic blending book to keep all my favorite colour combo instead of loads of bits of paper lying around everywhere.  

I haven't used my binding machine in ages and had forgotten how to use the blasted thing.  I couldn't get the holes in the right place and well it just wasn't going to plan! In the end I went onto 
Bind it all website and found a list of instructions of the different settings that you use with different sizes and hey presto worked first time..  lol 



I brought these Hanglar stamps a while ago I just love these stamps I can't wait to get me some more of these goodies!!!



I used acetate to make a pocket and cut plain card that can be removed.  Took me ages as I took the scrap bits from the pages and used them to cover the glue marks on the acetate.  I even mitered the corners!


This is a work in progress so you may be seeing a lot more of this book in the next couple of weeks .

Our new editions to the family are settling in well and have already getting into mischief.  They have met one of my other cats... that didn't go down to well. And yesterday I introduced them to one of my dogs and that went a little better..

So here they are meet, Stella, Calvin  and Remy



Photobucket

12 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just stunning oh what a brilliant idea,and the detail is just amazing,hope your hubbie gets on okay hun thinking of you and just love love your cat oh so cute,take care hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Irene said...

What al lovely project Tamara and so good of you to NOT give up and manage it all in the end!

Irene

Doreen said...

This is simply stunning.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab project and so beautifull coloured.
But those little kittys steal the show lol..they are adorable .. i best not show my daughter the pic lol.. we also have a cat called stella... she has an attitude lol.. goes missing for days/weeks and then just saunters back like she has never been away!
Lisa x

Heidi said...

This is fantastic! What a great idea:) The image is cute and your colouring is fantastic:)
And Stella, Calvin and Remy are adorable:) Gorgeous kittys.
Enjoy your weekend Tamara!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Lou said...

Hi!Tamara this is just gorgeous!!
Your colours are so pretty,such a lovely image and your flowers-love too.
Your two new family members are very sweet :)
hugs Lou.xx

sue said...

great project I NEED one of these bits of paper everywhere lol
cute new family members bet there will be lots of fun ha ha x sue x

Christina said...

Wowww this looks really great Tamara!
Hugs Kristel

Sonia said...

Hi Tamara
Fabulous creation!! Love the cute image.
-Sony

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Tamara,
I love your little book, it's a great idea! Fantastic colouring of the little Hanglar girl too - Love it! Hugs, Teresa x

Helen said...

Great idea for the book and that image is beautiful too.

Helen x

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Fab, Tamara! Love the pics of the kitties too!

Follow, Subscribe and Like