Monday 4 October 2010

My very first Easel Card

Hello again, I'm so excited about this card as it was a first for me. Now I know why so many people have fallen in love with them.  I've certainly been converted!!!  I was surprised at how easy these easel cards are to make.  
I used A4 card stock and left the length at 29.5 cm but cut it down to 14.5 cm, next I used  my Eazi Score board ~ line 7 (A4 half fold) then line 4 (A4 gate fold). Only use line 4 on one side as this creates the back that your front will attach to.  Cut a square piece of card stock 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm, this then makes the front of your card.
You will need to raise your embellishment on the bottom part of your card to allow for the card to stand up. 
I had great fun making this card and will be making a few more in the not so distance future!!
Crafty Bits & Bobs
Stamps 
Magnolia Tilda Cherry's and Apple's collection ~ Sir Stamp A Lot  
See-Dee's ~ Blooming Friendship 
Woodware circle punch
Spellbinders ~ Nessies
Magnolia Doohickeys 
Design Paper ~ Pondskippers Crafts 
Flowers and Ribbon are from my stash 
Marvy Matchables Dye-based ink ~ Jungle Green (if think I brought these from the Stamp Addicts shop)
Copic sketch markers 
~ Hat, Dress and Socks ~
YG 95, 93, 91
R29, 27, 24
~ Shoes & Cherry's ~
 R29, 27, 24, G16 
~ Skin ~
E11, E21, E51, E00, R21
~ Hair ~
E39, E35, E33, E31
I have entered this card into the following Card Challenges 
Secret Crafter Challenge is to make an Easel Card
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge 79 layer it on ~ to use 5 layers on your card
Sweet Shop Sketches  Challenge SSS76  a lovely sketch this week 
 Wow that took some doing, now all I have to do is go and link this post to the above challenge blogs and I'm done... 

5 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful easel card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

dstandard said...

Such an adorable card and image! Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!

Graphicat said...

What wonderful colours! That green is so bright and vibrant! Great job with your first easle card, aren't they fun?!
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week.
cheers
Cheri

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous easel card, aren't they fun! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Marianne-db said...

Cute card! I love the green color and lovely Tilda!
Thanks for joining our fun at Stamptacular this week! Hope to see you again soon :-)
Hugs, Marianne

Follow, Subscribe and Like