Tuesday 30 April 2013

White on White + One Colour

Hello everybody, well what a cold start to the week we have had here in not so sunny UK! Lets warm you up with my dt project for Sweet Stamps.  We have a new theme for you today and its
 "White on White with one other colour".

If you are a regular follower of my blog you will know that I have recently found Altered Art and Mixed Media.  Just can't get enough and I'm finding myself looking at junk and asking myself  "What can I use this old piece of rubbish for" (o: 
My dt piece for this week isn't something that I have recycled.  I
have had another go at a small canvas.

This size is 10x10cm and just the right size.  I gave the canvas a base coat of white acrylic paint.  Then stamped a man sized tissue with a gorgeous flower stamp for Sweet Stamps (link and info at bottom of post)
The ink is Sweet Stamps own brand of ink called " Shades Dye Ink"and honesty for this type of project its just BRILLIANT.  And I'll tell you why a little later...

Once you've stamped your tissue disregard one of the layers so only one remains.  This is then ready for you to add your coat of Beeswax or modge podge to seal.  I have found that with other inks they can sometimes bleed, Not Shades Dye Inks! which are colour fast almost instantly! Sweet Stamps have just bought out "Ink Spots" (small sized ink pads) which is an affordable way to collect the whole Shades Ink range. 


 Once sealed you can decorate and embellish. I used the same colour of Shades Ink (Tidal Wave) to watercolour my image with (isn't that a great ink).  Another great thing about this inks as they match perfectly to Core'dinations cardstock!


The Butterflies have been coloured with acrylics and tidal wave shades ink, then dipped into UTEE to create a glossy look.  Last but not least, the corner embelli has been heat embossed with Sweet Stamps white embossing powder.. 

So hope you like my little canvas. This one is heading over to Sweet Stamps headquarters for Stacey our fabulous boss.  Can you believe that this is the start of my third year with Sweet Stamps! I've enjoyed every single moment working with this great team.  Wait and see what Stacey and Sweet Stamps has got coming up this year!!
So as not to miss a single  piece of news you can follow Sweet Stamps on  
Join in with our weekly challenge for a chance to new $20 spending spree in the Sweet Stamps Store. Head on over to the Challenge blog for the T&C's. 

 photo BlogSigniture20131_edited-5.png

15 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

OMG Tamara
this is so beautiful,
I love how you did made flowers,
great colour-sky blue,
have a nice day,
hugs from sLOVEnija TaMara

Inkypinkycraft said...

gorgeous colours and love those butterflies in utee! hugs trace x

Caro-ART said...

Wowww this is so beautiful :)

sue said...

fabulous canvas tamara a new obbsession? lol I wont be at Hels day this weekend its Alicias hen day so Im busy with that!!;-)
Have a great time cant wait to see what you do xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is fantastic.. A gorgeous canvas that would look great in my house lol...
Hugs Kelly

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

What an amazing project. Love it....Love it...LOVE it!!!

ellyscard creatief said...

O, Wow, this is so beautiful.
Your flowers are great and the colors are amezing.
Gr Elly
PS< Thanks for following me.

Guida Machado said...

Hello Tamara,
Your canvas is so beautiful. I love it.
Hugs,
Guida

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love those flowers and the colour looks great against the white. Hugs, Claire x

catherine said...

This looks so amazing Tamara and I am loving seeing all your new work. You are doing a fantastic job with these canvases
x catherine

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Tamara, love the layout and what beautiful colours xx

Mary J said...

WOW! That is simply stunning, Tamara!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Stunning!! Your canvas piece is so beautiful! LOVE all the details as always!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

WOW what a gorgeous canvas project. I love how you used the Cabbage Rose image throughout the whole project. Gorgeous embellishments with the butterflies and and corners. Awesome!!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

So gorgeous! I love your style;) beautiful coloring.

Follow, Subscribe and Like